Protect Your Home With a Metal Roof Installation
Metal Roof Installation/Metal roofing systems add value and beauty to your home. With a long lifespan and exceptional durability, an expertly installed metal roof can be a wise investment for your home, enhancing both safety and energy efficiency. A wide range of colors, styles, and looks are available. We’ll explain your options and help you make the best decision for your goals and budget.
At Atrium, we use only the industry’s leading manufacturers of metal roof systems, including McElroy Metal and Berridge Manufacturing.
Our metal product solutions include:
- Single-skin metal panels for metal roof.
- Six standing seam roof systems.
- Insulated metal panels.
- Retrofit roofing systems.
- Metal roof repairs.
What is Standing Seam Metal Roofing?
- Standing seam metal roofing panels are a product family of metal roofing. In the purest form, they are panels with male and female legs that are engaged and installed with clips to the roofing substructure. As panel options have grown however, it is common to see clip-less panels included in this product family as well.Regardless of the attachment method, it can consistently be maintained that standing seam panels do not use exposed fasteners in the plane of the panel during panel installation. Depending on project specifics, exposed fasteners may or may not be utilized for trim applications.Standing seam systems are used for a wide range of applications and projects. These systems feature interlocking seams that connect panels, giving the roof a distinct, and attractive, appearance. Furthermore, standing seam systems are manufactured from high-end steel or aluminum offering years of low-maintenance service life.McElroy Metal standing seam systems are durable and weathertight, making them ideal for most any application.
Advantages of Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Concealed Fasteners. Concealed fasteners are one of the biggest advantages of standing seam roofing systems. In exposed fastener systems, the washer around the screw is made of neoprene material. Over time, sun can degrade the washer material and cause shrinking or cracking. When this phenomenon occurs, water can penetrate the building around the fastener/washer. The only correction for this is to back out all the screws and insert new oversized screws. Since there are no exposed screws with standing seam panel systems, they are considered a much more weather tight system.
- Expansion/Contraction through Clip or Slotted Flange System. Standing seam systems allow for expansion/contraction through either a clip or slotted flange system. Steel expands in heat and contracts in cool temperatures and will literally move on the roof. Exposed fastener systems, while less expensive to install, do not allow for expansion and contraction. In longer panel runs, the screws can wallow out on exposed fastener systems and allow water to penetrate the building around the fastener. The clip in standing seam systems allows the panel to float from eave to ridge to accommodate the phenomena of expansion and contraction.
- On-Site Panel Production For Long Lengths. While not available with every manufacturer, some of the major manufacturers (McElroy Metal included) have the ability to produce some standing seam panels on-site in lengths up to 250’. Single piece panels are quicker to install because the lap details required to join multiple shorter length panels are generally very time consuming for installation crews. In addition lapped systems often require additional parts and pieces which can further drive up the cost over continuous job site produced panels. Lastly, the weakest link in any roofing system is a lap so when one can be avoided it’s generally preferred.
- Aesthetics. Standing seam panels typically offer a taller and distinct vertical leg and fewer (if any) minor ribs in the center of the panel. This tall vertical leg can offer a nice shadow effect and the illusion of a flat pan in between the major ribs which many architects and building owners prefer.
Free estimates and roof inspections by one of our roofing specialist.
Benefits of Installing Metal Roofing
Some roofing materials start to lose their performance value as they age, but metal roofing has some built-in benefits that help it maintain its performance throughout its life. Some of the benefits of installing metal roofing include:
- Longevity. Metal roofs can perform at a high level for 50+ years.
- Variety. There are numerous metal roof styles and colors to choose from to match your aesthetic needs of Metal Roof Installation
- Safety. Metal roofs can withstand very strong winds, hail, and fire.
- Cost savings. Metal roofing is more energy-efficient as it keeps your home cooler, thus keeping energy bills down.
Metal Roofing Products
MBCI offers a number of products and systems to choose from for your metal roofing installation. Our selection includes:
- Standing Seam
- Concealed Fastening
- Exposed Fastening
Contact Atrium Roofing to Learn More
Whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, Atrium Roofing can help. Your roof is too important to your home’s well-being to be neglected or put in the hands of just any roofing contractor. Call (210) 807-6767 or complete our online request form for your FREE, no-obligation consultation.
THE ATRIUM ROOFING PROMISE TO YOU FOR METAL ROOF INSTALLATION
Atrium Roofing provides roofing installation services for homeowners throughout the San Antonio area. When you hire Atrium Roofing to handle your installation project, you can expect the following
- High-quality materials. As on Owens Corning Platinum contractors, we only use the best materials for every project we handle.
- Fully consultative approach. We’ll provide you with our insight and expertise to ensure you’re getting a roof that best fits your home and budget.
- In-home sample showing. We’ll visit you at home and review samples so you know exactly what’s being used to install or repair your roof before any work begins
- Pre-installation inspections. Atrium Roofing will do a complete inspection to ensure the work is done correctly the first time.
- Year-round installation. Roof problems don’t take time off throughout the year, & neither does Atrium Roofing. No matter when you need a new roof installed, we will be available to help.
What our customers say
We were told to ask for Juan Treo by our friends who just had their roof replaced by Atrium. Juan was professional, punctual, and had great follow up. He handled our questions, took care of the insurance inspector, and got our insurance to increase their estimate for some upgrades. You cannot go wrong with Juan and Atrium.
Very professional did a great job thank you Jose.
I´m very happy with the professionalism and quality work did by Atrium Roofing, I will recommend 100% Atrium Roofing as the best roofing company.
The best roofing company in San Antonio! I highly recommend.
Andres was great to work with. He was very good about explaining the whole process to us step by step. The work was done within the time expected. The crew was very professional and did a great job cleaning up the site when the work was complete.